Thread: 11/21 dl1891/dl321 tpa-atl-lex 12:40 pm

Default 11/21 dl1891/dl321 tpa-atl-lex 12:40 pm

Hello again.

Thankfully, weather looks a lot better than it did this time last week. Staying cautiously optimistic for flights home.

Thanks again, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi, for TPA to ATL, looks fairly decent, but lightly bumpy due to a mostly docile jet stream. ATL to LEX looks better still, just a few light bumps. Pair of great flights.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Right on the money! First flight was bumpy on climbout and approach. Second flight was fine until the last 5 minutes. It seemed like we hit a crosswind or something? The plane moved left to right and it was rather unsettling but nothing worse than moderate. Interesting to me after looking over the flight path. It seems we deviated from the planned route a bit and also did an interesting approach into the airport. Still nothing too bad though. Thanks again.

I've found the planned flight paths are often not representative of the actual flight path taken, unfortunately. It's a pain when one forecasts long international flights.
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.

Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

I also (out of curiosity) went back to look at the flight graph for that flight and was surprised to discover we actually gained altitude before ATC lost us on radar. It seemed like we took longer to slow down on landing too. Very interesting landing. I have no idea what to make of it.

Some of that flightaware data is just off, so I wouldn't put too much stock on it. How do you know ATC lost you on radar?

Quote Originally Posted by tb_neg View Post
    Some of that flightaware data is just off, so I wouldn't put too much stock on it. How do you know ATC lost you on radar?
    at the end of the flight graph, the last known position is what I assume to be the last position ATC had on the aircraft before we were too low to be detected.

I'm sure ATC knew where they were, it's just the ADS-B that didn't, or it wasn't reported, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automa...211;_broadcast