Thread: 5/22 9:20am PDX-LAX / LAX-YYZ DL1986/DL7099

Default 5/22 9:20am PDX-LAX / LAX-YYZ DL1986/DL7099

Got a long trip down to LA and then up to Toronto tomorrow. I know there is some weather in the middle of the country. How is the flight looking? Thanks in advance.

Hi, sounds like an interesting trip

DAL1986 0930 1131 PDX LAX

In PDX, good conditions, good takeoff, light to moderate on climb. Flight down should be lightly bumpy with occasional moderate bumps, getting bumpier as you make your way to the south. As of right now not seeing anything too bad though, which is a bit contradictory to what was predicted today.

In LAX, gusty winds of up to 31mph for moderately bumpy descent and landing, possible moderate to severe turbulence on descent due to an advisory in the area.

DAL7099 1335 2125 LAX YYZ

Still windy in LAX, moderately bumpy takeoff, moderate to severe climb. Light to moderate for most of the flight. I think the weather is easy enough to 'drive' around, but turbulent is not, very turbulent jet stream parked on your flight path, and seeing a lot of reports of light to moderate on that path. Probably more continuous in the area of Colorado and the greater Great Lakes area, with a bit of a break elsewhere on that path.

Conditions should be ok in YYZ at landing, but light to moderate on descent, lightly bumpy landing.

So, not what you wanted to hear I'm sure, but bumpy day.
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying