Thread: 7/8 2:17pm SXM-JFK JB788

Default 7/8 2:17pm SXM-JFK JB788

Return trip to NYC from St Maarten (and Anguilla). Please let me know how it looks for my Monday afternoon departure. Thank you!!!

Hi, sorry for the late forecast. Looks great, until the last hour (Virginia onwards), the moderately bumpy for the remainder. Quite a bit of weather to fly around just east of Virginia, weather should let up, but still bumpy for the remainder.
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Hey, on the plane now. About to land in Orlando.... Not jfk. Pilots were delayed in jfk and would have gone over their 9 hour limit??? Then, they said they had enough hours to take us to Orlando and then a new Jet Blue crew would take over.

As we were leaving, mechanical issues. After my second heart attack still on the p!ane near Orlando as they are running out of wine for me.

Also, if you see tnis, if I'm not hoitalized, any chance for a Jet Blue 788 from Orlando to JFK leaving God knows when? Like!y8:45\9on if they are done lying.

I have 3 dogs at home alone as our sitter left at 9am. This is my life

Hi, I hope all is well, looks like you're safely on the ground now. How was it?
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Thanks! So, it was an adventure. Boarded plane in St. Maarten at 9:15am. As we were leaving like I said we were told pilot hit the strict 9 hours of "door closed" travel time and had to turn back. This is surely airline error to risk using a pilot that could so easily go over. The pilot himself was AMAZING... total professional and extremely communicative. He spoke to us repeatedly with details and walked the aisles answering all questions at each stop. THe 2nd turn-around was for the brakes that they fixed. Each landing was scary because I had the brakes in my mind but no issues. after 2 trips to the runway we headed to Orlando instead of JFK as I mentioned. By the time we dealt with the new pilot paper work in SXM and Orlando (and 2nd pilot was awesome too - as was the flight crew who worked a 18 hour day) - we left Orlando at something like 9:20pm.... not positive. We landed in JFK at 11:50pm... Got luggage after immigration by 12:30am. Then a tram to my car in long term parking..... got home at 1:45am. Woke to leave for SXM airport at 7:30am.... Normally a 3.5-4 hour flight. What a day! In terms of turbulence from Orlando to JFK - There was a 45 minute stretch through the Carolinas with severe thunderstorms outside - repeated lightning. That was the only tough part. Mild-Moderate for that part but crew still served. All food and drinks for free whole way.

Cheers! Off to work (7:10am) for a 12 hour day myself in the banking world.