On November 13th, 2019, we signed a contract with Preflight Technologies to help bring many new features to Turbulence Forecast. Those are detailed below. We are investing a massive amount of resources to make this happen and we need your support now more than ever. Please sign up to support the website, and then scroll down to see what's coming!. Most new features will be free to everyone, but several will be reserved for our supporters at all levels. Some of these features will require expensive cloud based server processing, and your support is needed now more than ever. I would not have signed this agreement without the existing support of our 100 or so supporters. The more subscribers the site has, the faster we can bring you new features.
A recurring donation subscription is a very helpful way to support this site. Ads are unpleasant and invasive, and based on your support, I removed all of them except house ads for forecasts by email, and a long standing sponsor ad for fear of flying. This site has proven an invaluable resource to so many of you, and while I didn't set out to make it my life's work, it does feel that way. I want to make this site the very best it can be, and your donations help. See below for our upcoming plans, and please consider joining the ever growing group of people who support this site. Much appreciated!
I want to support Turbulence Forecast (choose level below)
Sky - $3 a month every bit helps!
Gold - $20 a month half off forecasts by email
Obsidian - $100 a month unlimited forecasts by email
2020 - Our 15th year and our biggest year ever
On November 13th, 2019, we signed a contract with Preflight Technologies to bring many new features to the website. Many of these will be appearing in the next 90 days. Earlier in the month we put out a call for new developer, and we were contacted by a development house that is absolutely passionate about the website and aviation. I am grateful for their interest and taking on this site as a client.
- All new turbulence advisory and pilot report maps generated every five minutes, with an all new design and enhanced clarity.
- Bringing back easy to read color coded maps of expected turbulence for the whole world. - Early to mid 2020.
- Bringing you 36 hour turbulence prediction maps for the whole world - 12 hours and later reserved for subscribers. - Early to mid 2020.
- Integration of all login systems down to one, including our iOS app.
- The return of an Android app. - mid to late 2020.
- Have an idea? I'd love to hear it.